Future Priests of the Third Millennium

A little insight into the life of seminarians from various dioceses preparing for ministry as Roman Catholic priests, including daily activities, personal interests, special events, the spiritual life, news from the seminary, and almost whatever comes to our minds!



Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A Father's Reflections on Vocations

On Saturday afternoon, I had the chance to share an evening with a family who have long been friends of my own family. They live in one of the suburbs, and one would think that with them that close, I would see them often. Such, unfortunately, has not been the case in the four years I have been here. We see each other a couple of times each year, though, and Saturday evening, I was happy to finally have the chance to host them briefly in my home. The second son in the family (who is only eight) has talked about being a priest for some time now, and I invited him to come and see where you get to learn to be a priest. So, finally, on Saturday we were able to do so. I had a great time with them as we toured the chapel, the dorm wing of the seminary, and the campus. Afterward, we enjoyed a lovely Vietnamese dinner. Apparently this visit, as well as recent events in the life of their local parish prompted the father of the family to write a beautiful relfection on vocations. I commend "Callings" to your reading.