Future Priests of the Third Millennium

A little insight into the life of seminarians from various dioceses preparing for ministry as Roman Catholic priests, including daily activities, personal interests, special events, the spiritual life, news from the seminary, and almost whatever comes to our minds!



Saturday, August 22, 2009

I am a pack rat

This past week I have been cleaning out some things that I have been collecting or holding on to for quite some time. I still have an olive-colored suit coat and pants that I wore during high school and since I have been out of high school for close to six years I think that it is time to find someone who will be able to use it. I have discovered other items that I have kept for no apparent reason and really have no use for any more.

I come from a family of pack rats. My mother is a quilter and she saves pieces of fabric for all sorts of stuff. My dad collects newspapers with some major events (9-11, sports events, elections, etc.) and others I have no idea why there are around the house. I have stuff that has some sentimental value (mainly items from deceased relatives) and others are gifts that were at one time useful and no longer hold a special place in my heart.

There are still more piles of stuff to sort through and get rid of. I am in the midst of cleaning my closet out and it is taking a while to think back to the last time I wore a particular shirt. A trip to Goodwill is in need this coming week once I have boxed things up and say goodbye to that suit that I will probably never wear.