Future Priests of the Third Millennium

A little insight into the life of seminarians from various dioceses preparing for ministry as Roman Catholic priests, including daily activities, personal interests, special events, the spiritual life, news from the seminary, and almost whatever comes to our minds!



Monday, June 29, 2009

Ordination Tour - Day 4

On June 26, Deacon Tyler Dennis, the last of the SPS class of 2009, was ordained a Priest of Jesus Christ by his excellency Blase J Cupich, Bishop of Rapid City.

And he is still reeling trying to come to terms with the immensity of the experience.

I have gone back and forth between numbness, elation, and extreme serenity since that evening. All I have to say so far, is that this is beautiful thing God has done for me.

This occasion also marks my final entry on this blog. It has been my pleasure sharing the events, important and mundane, that have led me to this point. I thank you for your prayers and support of me and my brothers who are still preparing for for their own entrance into the order of presbyters. Perhaps one of these days I will begin writing about my experiences in the parish as a priest. For now, I think I will just savor the experience.

Continue to pray for priests.


-- Fr. Tyler