Future Priests of the Third Millennium

A little insight into the life of seminarians from various dioceses preparing for ministry as Roman Catholic priests, including daily activities, personal interests, special events, the spiritual life, news from the seminary, and almost whatever comes to our minds!



Monday, December 22, 2008

A Very Enjoyable Sunday

I've been home in Sioux Falls for a few days now and I think I've been able to unpack and get organized. Yesterday was a nice day, besides the frigid wind that was creating all sorts of havoc. I was able to go to the St. Joseph Cathedral to serve for my bishop. I was also able to see what had been done for the restoration process and it looks amazing. I was able to see a few people after mass and catch up, which was nice. In the afternoon my family went to see a concert done by the South Dakota Acoustic Christmas group. We had gone together a few years ago and this year was their last performance. They played traditional and non-traditional Christmas music. One of the reasons that we started going as a family was because of the fact that a few of their concerts each year were fundraisers for Dakotabilities. Dakotabilities helps people with varying ranges of physical and mental handicaps, and my sister has been a client there for many years. My sister likes listening to music and she especially likes Christmas music. Overall, not a bad Sunday.