Future Priests of the Third Millennium

A little insight into the life of seminarians from various dioceses preparing for ministry as Roman Catholic priests, including daily activities, personal interests, special events, the spiritual life, news from the seminary, and almost whatever comes to our minds!



Monday, March 30, 2009

Spam

No, I am not talking about junk e-mail that we inevitably get each day to win a "free" i-pod, but the mysterious meat made from ___________. While I was on retreat with the Carmelites in Austin, MN the inevitable happened, spam was on the menu. There is a Hormel factory located in Austin and you can see it from the interstate. Growing up I never had the 'opportunity' to eat this curious creation. Last Thursday I had my first spam sandwich and it was really not that bad. It did not have much taste and it did not bother me too terribly much. I am not saying I will go out and buy several cases of it for my own enjoyment, but I think I'll stick with something that I can identify as being an animal product.